Once a year the Friends of the Clay Center Library sponsors an Adopt-A- Book fundraiser. A group of books are ordered and available for patrons to adopt and donate to the Clay Center Carnegie Library. The book that is adopted by patrons can be donated in honor or memory of a person(s). The process for adopting a book is as follows:
- Choose one of the books on display to adopt.
- Pay for the price of the book.
- Fill out the information on the slip provided in the book.
- The inscription you wrote on the slip will be typed on a book plate and placed in the front cover of the book during processing and will be included in the card catalog record of that item.
- After the book is processed, it will be placed on the shelves for checkout.
In 2015 books can be adopted during the month of October.
To see a list of books adopted in 2015 click here