- Gifts or donations of books or other materials are accepted with the understanding that they may be used or disposed of as the library determines is appropriate. Determining “appropriate” means using the same criteria set forth in this policy for the purchase of library materials. Gifts that are not added to the collection will be given to the Friends of the Clay Center Carnegie Library for resale.
- Under existing law, gifts to libraries may be deductible and the library may give a receipt on number of items and type given. However, the library does not appraise or assign value to donated items.
- Gift items will be integrated into the regular library collection in normal sequence, available to all library patrons, and otherwise handled as any other material belonging to the library, although they may be marked with an appropriate bookplate.
- The Clay Center Carnegie Library reserves the privilege of using cash donations in a manner that will best serve the operation of the library and its service to the patrons. If cash donations are made with requests for specific materials to be purchased, the Materials Selection and Collection Development Policy shall apply.
- Whenever a gift item is no longer needed, it will be disposed of in the same manner as material purchased.
error: Content is protected !!